Copy your reporting data from GiveSmart Events to GiveSmart Donor CRM with a few simple clicks.
The first step is to ensure there are no outstanding balances for your event. View the Outstanding Balances report by
- Selecting Reports from the Admin Navigation, and choose Balances from the dropdown
- If there are any balances remaining as Pending or Unpaid, please settle these balances before continuing
Export Donor Data from GiveSmart Events
Locate and export the Donor CRM report on the Reports page.
- Click Reports from the Admin Navigation, and select Overview
- Scroll to the Exports section, and choose Donor CRM
- Once selected, click Download Donor CRM Export Report (zip file) to download
- A zip file will download containing 2 CSV reports
IMPORTANT: We recommend exporting this report after all transactions have been finalized at the completion of your event. The Donor CRM export provides all needed columns and information that will be needed to import to GiveSmart Donor CRM. There is no external report manipulation that needs to occur.
The Exported files will be two CSV (comma separated value) files in a zip. It is listed as "events-donorcrm-import.zip"
You will need to unzip the file to have direct access to each of the CSV files for import.
In the Zip, the two CSVs will be:
- events-contacts-donorcrm-import.csv This includes the Donor CRM Fields for the contact information:
- events-transactions-donorcrm-import.csv This includes the Donor CRM Fields for the gift information:
Now that you have exported the data from GiveSmart Events, visit your GiveSmart Donor CRM account to import the data.
Remember to unzip the files from the GiveSmart Events download!
- Click on Launchpad on the left
- To import contacts, click on Select File in the Import Contacts box
- The Import Contacts option will pop up a screen to allow you to choose how to deal with duplicate contacts: Skip Contact or Update Contact. Usually, it is a good idea to update the contact as your supporter may have changed their email, phone, physical address or even their name.
- Select the CSV file from your hard drive wherever you saved/downloaded it. For the Contacts import, you want to choose the events-contacts-donorcrm-import.csv
- You will see the progress bar and Done message, then the Import Contacts will revert to normal, so you can enter another csv or import the gifts/transactions.
- You will also receive an email letting you know when the import is complete.
- You can check to see the new contacts in your Donors & Contact section.
- To import gifts (transactions), click on Select File in the Import Gifts box
- Select the file from your hard drive wherever it saved. For the Gifts import, you want to choose the events-transactions-donorcrm-import.csv.
- You will see the progress bar and Done message, then the Import Gifts will revert to normal, so you can enter another csv.
You will also receive an email letting you know when the import is complete.
- You can check to see the newly imported gifts in your Gifts > Gift listing section.